Updated 25th September, 2020.
Dear patients, we’re happy to advise that with the return to Level 2 restrictions in Victoria, Seddon Dental will again begin welcoming our loyal patients through our doors from Monday, 28th September.
We are once again accepting regular check-ups and hygiene appointments, in addition to emergency dental care. Certain non-essential procedures are still not allowed.
We will be doing things differently to ensure the safety of everyone. Additional infection control precautions introduced last month will remain in place. These include:
– All our dentists and assistants will be wearing N-95 grade face masks and full PPE (personal protective equipment). This is well above what the ADA and governing bodies recommend.
– All patients are temperature tested and risk-assessed for COVID19. You will be asked to reschedule if you fail any of our COVID screening criteria.
– Waiting room chairs are spaced out, magazines and toys removed (yes, sorry!)
– We are sanitising all contact surfaces with >70% alcohol-based wipes regularly. TGA approved hand sanitising gels readily accessible.
– All patients are to undertake a 30 seconds pre-procedure mouth rinse which has been proven to significantly reduce viral load, incl COVID19.
– All fillings are done with rubber dam isolation and all teeth cleaning will be done by hand, at no extra charge. (Yes, all our dentists are prepared for some serious sore wrists 🙂
Despite the pandemic, now isn’t the time to neglect your dental health. Victorians have been doing well, and we suggest all patients to stay home as much as possible. But we’re here to help if you need us. We searched far and wide for PPEs to ensure staffs and patients are protected and our infection control has always been top-notch.
If you have any questions about our hygiene practices during these challenging times please let us know, or drop into the clinic and we can show you.
We will continue to post updates on our website, and on our Facebook page.
Dr Lother Poon and the team at Seddon Dental.