Updated 19th October, 2021.
We’re excited to let you know that with the recent State Government announcement of the lifting of COVID restrictions at 70% of the adult population being vaccinated, we are now able to open our doors to full service at our Seddon Dental clinic from Friday the 22nd of October.
This means we can now welcome patients back for their regular check-ups, hygiene appointments, fillings, crowns, cosmetic work and orthodontics.
We will continue to do things differently to ensure the safety of everyone. Additional infection control precautions introduced since the start of the pandemic will remain in place. These include:
- All our dentists and assistants will be wearing N-95 grade face masks and full PPE (personal protective equipment). This is well above what the ADA and governing bodies recommend.
- All patients are temperature tested and risk-assessed for COVID19. You will be asked to reschedule if you fail any of our COVID screening criteria.
- Waiting room chairs are spaced out, magazines and children toys removed (yes, sorry!)
- We are sanitising all contact surfaces, door handles, eftpos machines with >70% alcohol-based wipes regularly. TGA approved hand sanitising gels readily accessible.
- All patients are to undertake a 30 seconds pre-procedure mouth rinse which has been proven to significantly reduce viral load, incl COVID19. This is now the recommended procedure by the ADA and overseas governing bodies.
We are also planning to install some medical grade air purifiers which although not mandatory, will further protect our patients and our staff.
If you have any questions about our hygiene practices during these challenging times please let us know, or drop into the clinic and we will be more than happy to show you.
We will continue to provide updates on our website, and also on our Facebook page.
We can’t wait to welcome you back.
Dr Lother Poon and the Team at Seddon Dental.