Updated 27th September, 2020.
We’re excited to let you know that with the recent Government announcement of the shift back to level one dental restriction, Seddon Dental will return to full service on Monday 28th September.
During this time, we are once again welcomingpatients for their regular check-ups, hygiene appointments, fillings, crowns, cosmetic work and orthodontics can all be performed safely.
We will continue to do things differently to ensure the safety of everyone. Additional infection control precautions introduced since March will remain in place. These include:
– All our dentists and assistants will be wearing N-95 grade face masks and full PPE (personal protective equipment). This is well above what the ADA and governing bodies recommend.
– All patients are temperature tested and risk-assessed for COVID19. You will be asked to reschedule if you fail any of our COVID screening criteria.
– Waiting room chairs are spaced out, magazines and children toys removed (yes, sorry!)
– We are sanitising all contact surfaces, door handles, eftpos machines with >70% alcohol-based wipes regularly. TGA approved hand sanitising gels readily accessible.
– All patients are to undertake a 30 seconds pre-procedure mouth rinse which has been proven to significantly reduce viral load, incl COVID19. This is now the recommended procedure by the ADA and overseas governing bodies.
Despite the pandemic, now isn’t the time to neglect your dental health. Victorians have come a long way, and we suggest all patients to stay home as much as possible. But we’re here to help if you need us. We searched far and wide for PPEs to ensure staffs and patients are protected and our infection control has always been top-notch.
If you have any questions about our hygiene practices during these challenging times please let us know, or drop into the clinic and we can show you.
We will continue to provide updates on our Facebook page. Stay safe, glad to be back working!
Dr Lother Poon and the Team at Seddon Dental.